Brief Cases (Dresden Files)
-26% on list price
Used from $15.10 New from $18.15
(as of 08/16/2018 12:54 PST - Details)
Format: Book › Hardcover all formats
List Price: $28.00
The world of Harry Dresden, Chicago’s only professional wizard, is rife with intrigue—and creatures of all supernatural stripes. And you’ll make their intimate acquaintance as Harry delves into the dark side of truth, justice, and the American way in this must-have short story collection.
From the Wild West to the bleachers at Wrigley Field, humans, zombies, incubi, and even fey royalty appear, ready to blur the line between friend and foe. In the never-before-published “Zoo Day,” Harry treads new ground as a dad, while fan-favorite characters Molly Carpenter, his onetime apprentice, White Council Warden Anastasia Luccio, and even Bigfoot stalk through the pages of more classic tales.
With twelve stories in all, Brief Cases offers both longtime fans and first-time readers tantalizing glimpses into Harry’s funny, gritty, and unforgettable realm, whetting their appetites for more to come from the wizard with a heart of gold.
The collection includes:
• “Curses,” from Naked City, edited by Ellen Datlow
• “AAAA Wizardry,” from the Dresden Files RPG
• “Even Hand,” from Dark and Stormy Knights, edited by P. N. Elrod
• “B is for Bigfoot,” from Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron, edited by Jonathan Strahan. Republished in Working for Bigfoot.
• “I was a Teenage Bigfoot,” from Blood Lite III: Aftertaste, edited by Kevin J. Anderson. Republished in Working for Bigfoot.
• “Bigfoot on Campus,” from Hex Appeal, edited by P. N. Elrod. Republished in Working for Bigfoot.
• “Bombshells,” from Dangerous Women, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
• “Jury Duty,” from Unbound, edited by Shawn Speakman
• “Cold Case,” from Shadowed Souls, edited by Jim Butcher and Kerrie Hughes
• “Day One,” from Unfettered II, edited by Shawn Speakman
• “A Fistful of Warlocks,” from Straight Outta Tombstone, edited by David Boop
• “Zoo Day,” a brand-new novella, original to this collection
Similar books to 'Brief Cases (Dresden Files)'
PaperbackWith tales ranging from the deadly serious to the absurdly hilarious—including an original story for this volume—Side Jobs is a must-have collection for every devoted Harry...
PaperbackFeaturing short stories from Jim Butcher, Seanan McGuire, Kevin J. Anderson, and Rob Thurman, this dark and gritty “must-read anthology for UF fans”(RT Book Reviews) proves...
HardcoverNew York Times-bestselling author Jim Butcher expands his beloved "Dresden Files" novel series with the all-new "Dog Men" story set within official continuity, created exclusively...
PaperbackChicago’s only professional wizard is about to have a very bad day in the latest novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling Dresden Files... As Winter Knight to the Queen of...
HardcoverJim Butcher's The Dresden Files saga continues in this original and in-continuity graphic novel, featuring a never-before-told story set after the bestselling novel White Night...
HardcoverThe No-Holds-Barred Final Entry in the Monster Hunter Memoirs Series from New York Times ?best-selling authors Larry Correia and John Ringo. "This is New Orleans." That mantra...
Mass Market PaperbackMage Alex Verus is hanging on by a thread in the ninth urban fantasy novel from the national bestselling author of Burned. When Mage Alex Verus ends up with a position on the...
PaperbackAfter a brief interlude in the afterlife, Harry Dresden’s new job makes him wonder if death was really all that bad in this novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series. ...
Paperback“A can’t-miss entry in one of the best urban-fantasy series currently being published.”—Booklist (starred review) As Chicago’s only professional wizard, Harry Dresden...
HardcoverChicago wizard-for-hire Harry Dresden and his new apprentice, Molly Carpenter, intend to end the havoc caused by a mad sorcerer — one whose ambitions would have the Windy City...