Learning Drupal 8
Create complex websites quickly and easily using the building blocks of Drupal 8, the most powerful version of Drupal yet
About This Book
- Build complete, complex websites with no prior knowledge of web development entirely using the intuitive Drupal user interface
- Follow a practical case study chapter-by-chapter to construct a complete website as you progress
- Ensure your sites are modern, responsive and mobile-friendly through utilizing the full features available in Drupal 8
Who This Book Is For
If you want to learn to use Drupal 8 for the first time, or you are transitioning over from a previous version of Drupal, this is the book for you. No knowledge of PHP, MySQL, or HTML is assumed or required
What You Will Learn
- Set up a local “stack” development environment and install your first Drupal 8 site
- Find out what is available in Drupal 8 core
- Define content types and taxonomies―and find out when you should do so
- Use the powerful Views module
- Get hands-on with image and media handling
- Extend Drupal using custom community modules
- Develop the look and feel of your website using Drupal themes
- Manage site users and permissions
Drupal 8 sets a new standard for ease of use, while offering countless new ways to tailor and deploy your content to the Web. Drupal 8 allows user to easily customize data structures, listings, and pages, and take advantage of new capabilities for displaying data on mobile devices, building APIs, and adapting to multilingual needs.
The book takes you step by step through building a Drupal 8 website. Start with the basics, such as setting up a local “stack” development environment and installing your first Drupal 8 site, then move on to image and media handling, and extending Drupal modules. Push your knowledge by getting to grips with the modular nature of Drupal, and learning to extend it by adding new functionalities to create your new modules. By the end of the book, you will be able to develop and manage a modern and responsive website using Drupal.
Style and approach
This is an absolute beginners' guide, providing step-by-step instructions to help you learn Drupal 8 from scratch.